5th Grade Teacher
Fifth Grade Teacher 2023-2024
July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Full-Time Position: 5-day program--5th grade teacher
- Teaches 5th grade daily
- Supporting the mission of City Garden School.
Fifth Grade Teacher:
- Creates curriculum, lesson plans, activities, and teaches the 5th grade classroom in a method inspired by Waldorf Education. Supervises recess and lunch. Works from 7:40 am to 2:45 pm on site Monday through Friday.
- Will attend one teacher meeting each week
- Maintains open communication with parents about curriculum, classroom dynamics, and individual progress. Generates meaningful parent-teacher conferences for fifth grade. Delivers classroom email updates weekly.
- Maintains open communication with the Head of School regarding curriculum and classroom management through open communication and classroom observations.
- Plans and provides parent enrichment evenings, passes out articles, and designs experiences to educate parents in Waldorf education.
- Helps plan and attends Open Houses held at City Garden School.
- Co-leads school festivals with other teachers.
College of Teachers - All staff teachers participate in the following:
- Responsible for the pedagogical direction of all curriculum and events of the school.
- Ensures appropriate student forms are on hand when in the classroom or on a field trip, e.g. medical release forms, and immunization records.
- School Discipline - Handles behavioral difficulties with children of the school and calls home if needed. Willing and able to develop an action plan with parents for improved behavior involving the Head of School when appropriate.
- School nurse – Makes decisions about when to call home if a child is sick or injured. Makes decisions in cases of medical emergencies. Cares for sick/injured children during the school day.
- Ensures that safety protocol is followed e.g. first aid kit is stocked and present, etc.
- Plans and executes festivals as a team for the entire school.
- Bachelor of Education Degree or related area.
- Teacher certification for the state of Missouri.
- Waldorf experience is preferred, however, training is also available.
- Must love the outdoors and be willing to teach in all weather.
Salary: $40,000 annually, minimum base salary with preferred qualifications*
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume (with two references listed) to MsJohnson@citygardencolumbia.org
Applications received by March 1 will receive the highest priority.
Your application has been successfully submitted.