Lower School Grades Teacher
Join a strong team of experienced and engaged teachers and administrative staff at Whistler Waldorf
School in beautiful Whistler, BC. We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Lower
School Teacher (Grade 1-7) to teach 1.0 FTE (full- time equivalent) for a term position during the
2023/24 school year. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its faculty
professional development, a balanced lifestyle with summer and school holiday breaks, and tuition
remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on contracted hours). Interested
candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified BC teacher (or be eligible to apply for a BC license) with a Bachelor’s
degree of Education or equivalent post-secondary graduation, diploma and/or technical certificate.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience.
• A Canadian citizen and/or eligible to work in Canada with a current Criminal Record Check.
• Professional with excellent communication and collaborative skills, with the ability
to foster team-based relationships with students, parents, and other Faculty/ Administrative
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or may be willing to become Waldorf teacher
trained is a plus.
• A French language specialty and/or second teachable subject is an asset to combine for
Whistler Waldorf School offers all teachers and staff:
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
• Comprehensive compensation package with health benefits, life/disability insurance, pension
support and more.
• Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and not-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified
independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing
yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future
generations. Whistler is located north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain
resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of
biking and hiking trails, mountain lakes and an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At
WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional
development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational
dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration.
More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
*Please Note: Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.