Business Office Manager
We are currently seeking a Business Office Manager for our Waldorf School who will be responsible for effective tuition, accounts payable, and accounts receivable management in a manner congruent with the principles of Waldorf education. This administrative staff position will work cooperatively with the Office Team, Executive Team, Accountant, Finance Committee, Treasurer of the Board of Directors, and Faculty to ensure the healthy day-to-day functioning of the school.
Our School Community
Mālamalama Waldorf School offers preschool through Grade 8. Located in the residential subdivision of Hawaiian Paradise Park, nestled on a portion of our 20-acre parcel in a beautiful rainforest setting. Mālamalama Waldorf School was founded in 1978 by a group of devoted parents and educators. In 1979 MWS was incorporated as an independent, non-profit educational and cultural organization in the State of Hawai`i. The school is a well-respected member of the Big Island community with 40+ dedicated years offering Waldorf Education, accredited by AWSNA, HAIS, WASC, and a member of WECAN.
The Big Island of Hawai`i is rich in cultural diversity as well as boasting a most unusual landscape including an active volcano, ranch lands, beaches, and winter snow atop the majestic Mauna Kea. You can surf in the morning and don your winter apparel for a respectful visit to the summit in the afternoon.
• Process tuition/fee payments and report on past-due accounts.
• Maintain FACTS tuition management accounts: open, close, and adjust.
• Maintain Open Doors and Child Care Connection accounts.
• Reconcile books at the end of the year and provide them to the outside accountant.
• Process all accounts payable and all accounts receivable.
• Receive payments and donations in the office.
• Assist with fundraising receipts.
• Manage the school’s tuition aid process.
• Prepare tuition aid applications for families.
• Process timesheets and payroll.
• Manage employee absences and paid leave.
• At least two years experience with financial responsibilities (accounts receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping).
• Background in finance and/or accounting.
• Understanding of basic tenets of Waldorf education.
• Initiative and self-starter.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate.
• Computer efficiency with school-designated financial programs, specifically Microsoft Office products, Quickbooks Pro, and database applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with people and interface with various constituencies in a professional and supportive manner.
• Motivated, objective, and sensitive to the needs of a small organization.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a strong practical connection to the needs of the school's students and faculty and possess the above qualifications, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: https://www.hawaiiwaldorf.org/job-openings and email us an application along with any additional documents you may have, such as a resume, references, transcripts, and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an on-site position, and the school may provide support if relocation to Hawaii is needed for successful candidates.
Mālamalama Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment that values diversity and promotes equity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic, and we actively seek to recruit, hire, and retain a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We provide ongoing training and professional development opportunities to promote diversity and support the contributions of all employees. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for employment opportunities at Mālamalama Waldorf School.
Your application has been successfully submitted.