For August 2024, we are looking for Waldorf-trained and experienced grades teachers to join our small but growing team on our beautiful 125-acre campus on the Nicoya Peninsula. These teachers will work collaboratively with the other grades teachers while also having individual freedom within their classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications from teachers outside of Costa Rica will be considered if a full Waldorf teacher training has been completed. Applicants from abroad must also have experience as a lead teacher in a Waldorf grades classroom. We will consider applications from Costa Rican teachers who do not yet have Waldorf teacher training if a degree in primary education has been completed and the applicant has experience as a lead teacher in a grades classroom.
A Grades Teacher’s responsibilities include:
- Developing age-appropriate curriculum for both the indoors and outdoors
-Deliver developmentally appropriate instruction rich with music, movement, and art as well as skill development in academic areas
- A commitment to each child’s growth through inner work and the practical art of teaching
- Parent education and meetings
- Faculty meetings and school committees involvement
The type of teacher we are looking for:
-Excellent classroom management
- Extremely flexible. The need for flexibility cannot be overstated. We are an evolving, developing program that relies on change and adaptation.
- Self-starter and very resourceful. Growing a school in a remote location requires that teachers find creative solutions to problems as they arise rather than waiting for a solution to be provided.
- A sense of adventure. We are located in a remote and beautiful location, which requires an ability to adapt to environmental circumstances such as occasional power outages, poor road conditions, sharing a home with the creatures of the jungle, etc.
- Strong cultural competency and confidence working with diverse family backgrounds
- Inspired to be part of a groundbreaking and developing school in a remote and rural environment. We are still very much in the creation phase and are looking for teachers who take initiative to help build on the foundation of the school.
- Previous experience in a grades teaching environment, either as a lead or long-time assistant.
- Ability and desire to collaborate with other teachers.
- Confident in Waldorf curriculum and Anthroposophy, enough to create a curriculum rather than simply following one from the past that may not serve the students’ needs for today.
- If new to Waldorf, then must come with a willingness to do continuing education in Waldorf curriculum.
- Speaks Spanish fluently, preferred.
We look forward to hearing from all interested teachers from around the world.
Competitive salary, benefits, and immigration support available.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your application, we may schedule a phone call with a member of our Hiring Committee.
Your application has been successfully submitted.