Elementary Lower Grades Class Teacher
Elementary Lower Grades Class Teacher
Northeast Woodland Charter School is seeking a full time lower grades teacher beginning summer 2023.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Head of School Sarah Arnold: email@example.com
Northeast Woodland Chartered Public School is the first initiative member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education working with Pre-K-8th Grade in the Northeast. We opened our doors in the Fall of 2020. Located in North Conway, NH and only minutes from the many amenities of the White Mountains, Northeast Woodland provides a public, tuition-free school serving students from a variety of backgrounds.
Northeast Woodland brings a comprehensive public education, integrating academics, arts movement, nature, and social responsibility into everyday learning. Dedicated to the optimal development of each individual child, Northeast Woodland will nurture intellectual, social, emotional, and physical capacities through an artistic, hands-on, interdisciplinary approach to core academic subjects which enables each student to blossom into an imaginative, engaged, and competent life-long learner.
Inspired by Rudolf Steiner’s developmental model as well as aligned with the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education principles and the NH Core Curriculum, Northeast Woodland offers prekindergarten to eighth grade classes, as well as a variety of specialty classes, including French, Music, Movement, Outdoor Education, and Handwork.
General Statement of Responsibilities:
Our school is seeking a dynamic candidate who will loop with classes in a three-year cycle. Our second, third and fourth grade Teachers work collaboratively as a lower elementary team. The lower elementary class teacher’s primary responsibility is to deliver the curriculum in an imaginative and meaningful way to students each day. They ensure student learning and growth through the use of formative and summative assessments and based on their observations, adjust their teaching to provide additional resources as needed. Essential to this role is working with parents establishing respectful communication and providing parent education. Class teachers will also serve the school through committee work and other administrative responsibilities as well as through close collegial work with the faculty.
Northeast Woodland is the first Pre-K-8th Grade member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education. We opened our doors in the fall of 2020 and have had a tremendously successful first year. This is a very exciting time for the Mount Washington Valley area as Waldorf education has proven itself to be a successful educational approach over the last 100 years and will now be available to any family who desires it.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, position with regular school hours. Benefits include medical healthcare, and opportunity for further training. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Skills and training:
- Received at minimum a bachelor’s degree at an approved higher education institution
- Hold an appropriate license with all required endorsements as approved by the NH DOE or be on track to complete an alternative licensure within 3 years of hiring.
- Received a certificate in Waldorf education or have experience as a teacher in a Waldorf school or demonstrate commitment to completing Waldorf teacher training within 3 years of hiring
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission, pedagogy and methods of Waldorf education
- Possess a clear and demonstrable concern for the children to be taught;
- Experience in teaching, with an ability to demonstrate excellence in the integration of arts, movement, and project-based learning into the classroom;
- Able to differentiate instruction based on the needs of students;
- Understand how to use formative and summative assessment to inform teaching practice;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
- Willing to seek additional training and certification, such as the requirements set forth in NCLB for “Highly Qualified” teachers; and Seek continual learning and self-development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.