SunRidge School Principal
Twin Hills Union School District
SunRidge School Principal
Twin Hills administrators are under the supervision of and are evaluated by the Superintendent or their designee. The SunRidge School Principal works with the Superintendent and other faculty members to implement the district’s curriculum in all core subjects and provide administrative oversight. This position requires possession of a valid California Administrative Services Credential, fingerprint clearance and TB testing.
Ø Education and Experience:
§ Possess a valid California Administrative Services credential
§ Experience teaching middle school students
§ 2 or more years site leadership or comparable experience
§ Experience in coordination of staff development preferred
Ø Knowledge of:
§ California State Curriculum Standards for TK-8
§ California Standards for the Teaching Profession
§ Waldorf education
§ Staff Development coordination
§ Continuous improvement model
§ Multi-tiered systems of support
Ø Ability to:
§ Bilingual – English/Spanish desirable
§ Exercise good judgment, use discretion, maintain confidentiality
§ Demonstrate good mental, emotional and physical health
§ Demonstrate punctuality and present a neat, clean appearance
§ Remain flexible in personal work schedule
§ Communicate and collaborate effectively and tactfully with parents, faculty, and administration
§ Communicates an optimism and energy in support of the district’s educational beliefs.
§ Perform all essential job functions, both physical and mental as shown on page 2
§ Create a team environment with collaborative decision-making skills
§ Strong organizational skill
§ Decisive, resourceful manager, who is compassionate and personable.
§ Visible, available leader at the site and classroom levels
§ Provide guidance and leadership in the areas of curriculum and staff development
§ Support teachers in the implementation of curriculum and assessment programs
Ø ADA Requirement:
§ Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties, including lifting thirty (30) pounds on an occasional basis and in excess of thirty (30) pounds with assistance for a distance of up to 25 feet
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ø Knowledge od standards based instruction, curriculum development, implementation and evaluation of instructional program including enrichment; assessment and analysis of student achievement results; and models of teaching including Project based learning, ELD, RTI/MTSS and differentiated instruction.
Ø Coordinate staff development
Ø Evaluate curriculum
Ø Facilitate School Charter Council
Ø Develop and maintain good rapport with parents and families
Ø Monitor overall student progress and diagnose curricular needs of TK - 8th program
Ø Prepare well-written reports to the Board of Trustees and the Superintendent
Ø Evaluate teachers
Ø Initiate and maintain contact with school principals, superintendent and school board (through attendance and participation in appropriate meetings, participation in program budget development and review of program goals and activities)
Ø Participate in meetings of the Board of Trustees
Ø Assume responsibility for student safety and wellbeing; maintain campus climate and student behavior through caring, respectful, restorative strategies so each student feels seen, accepted and part of the community
Ø Follow accepted principles, practices, rules, and regulations of the district
Ø Perform other related duties as assigned
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
§ Placement on the current Principal’s salary schedule as determined by the Superintendent
§ Health insurance for employee and partial payment for dependents (pro rata according to % employed)
§ Vision insurance for employee (pro rata according to percent employed)
§ Dental insurance for employee and dependents (pro rata according to percent employed)
Mandatory Information to be submitted:
§ Completed and signed district application (available in the district office, address below or on EDJOIN)
§ A minimum of three letters of recommendation written within the last 12 months which support your application for the vacant position
§ Current California Administrative Services Credential
§ Current resume
§ Letter of introduction explaining why you are qualified for this position and including information that will help the screening committee get to “know” you during the paper screening process
Application Materials should be submitted to Anna Maria Guzman, Ed.D. , Superintendent:
At the following address: Twin Hills USD, 700 Watertrough Rd, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Or via the online Edjoin application process
Ø Selection Process:
§ Applications will be reviewed and rated by a screening committee
§ Persons selected for an interview will be contacted
§ Position will remain open until filled
§ Applications due by noon on Friday March 10, 2023
Essential Job Functions
(Constantly = over 2/3 time, Frequently = 1/3 – 2/3 time, Occasionally = under 1/3 time, seldom = under 7% time)
· Standing/walking: Frequently to constantly, throughout work shift.
· Sitting: Frequently, for one to two hours at a time while meeting with students, parents/guardians, teachers and administrators.
· Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1-15 pounds; books, instructional materials, binders, files, paperwork. Seldom, 16-35 pounds, books and materials and moving equipment.
· Bending/stooping: Frequently; at knees/waist/neck while meeting with students, teachers and administrators or retrieving items from lower shelves and floor.
· Push/pull: Occasionally; using both hands and arms exerting a force of 10-20 pounds while assisting others, moving furniture and equipment and opening doors, etc.
· Climbing/balancing: Seldom, using stairs from lower classrooms to upper classrooms and offices.
· Kneeling/crouching/crawling: Seldom. Crouching/crawling not required.
· Hands/arms: Constant use of both in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/gripping while performing a variety of physical and administrative duties. Overhead reaching is required.
· Sight/hearing/speech: Constantly, to provide instructional assistance to teachers, students and parents. Assignment may require hand/eye coordination, depth perception and peripheral vision.
· Must be able to perform school administration duties. Must possess current California Administrative services credential.
· Knowledge, training or experience in educating elementary school age students.
· Must possess necessary written and oral communication skills to complete assignments. Must be able to read, write, speak and teach English. Must possess interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with a wide variety of students, parents and staff. Must be able to adapt to work pressures that may include frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
· Must be able to provide supervisory skills to provide guidance and set appropriate behavioral model to faculty.
· Must be able to complete required documentation in a timely manner, be punctual for appointments and flexible in scheduling appointments.
· Location: Work is performed 80% within the school classroom, office setting, 20% in an outdoor campus areas.
· Hazards: Trip hazards and slippery surfaces.
· Equipment used: General office and classroom equipment, computer, audio-visual equipment, copier.
· Safety equipment: None required.
The Twin Hills Union School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.