SunRidge School Elementary Teacher
Twin Hills Union School District Position Announcement
SunRidge Charter School Elementary Teacher 2023 - 24 1.0 FTE - Temporary or Probationary
SunRidge Class Teachers are under the supervision of and are evaluated by the SunRidge Director or his/her designee. A Class Teacher works with the Director and other faculty members to implement the charter school’s Waldorf methods curriculum in all core subjects to a class of 18-28 students. This position requires possession of a valid California Teaching Credential, EL authorization, fingerprint clearance and TB testing.
Ø Education and Experience:
§ Possess a valid California multiple subject teaching credential
§ Possess EL, CLAD or SDAIE certification
§ Waldorf teacher certification and/or Waldorf teaching experience preferred
§ Experience teaching in grades K-5 preferred
Ø Knowledge of:
§ English in written and verbal form including the use of correct grammar and vocabulary
§ Waldorf methods curriculum, pedagogy, and philosophy
Ø Ability to:
§ Bilingual – English/Spanish desirable
§ Exercise good judgment, use discretion, maintain confidentiality
§ Demonstrate good mental, emotional and physical health
§ Demonstrate punctuality and present a neat, clean appearance
§ Remain flexible in personal work schedule to accommodate all students and parents/guardians
§ Transmit caring and loving attitude and be sensitive to needs of students
§ Communicate and collaborate effectively with parents, colleagues, and administration
§ Perform all essential job functions, both physical and mental as shown on page 2
Ø ADA Requirement:
§ Meet the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned duties, including lifting thirty (30) pounds safely and effectively on an occasional basis and in excess of thirty (30) pounds with assistance for a distance of up to 25 feet
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ø Prepare and implement appropriate instructional methodologies and learning activities in the areas of study
Ø Communicate with students and parents/guardians regularly to review student work and activities
Ø Monitor student progress and maintain accurate and up-to-date documents for each student
Ø Prepare well-written reports of student progress as per the approved format and schedule
Ø Help plan and supervise enrichment activities, such as field trips and workshops
Ø When supervising students, assume responsibility for their safety and well being and maintain order and discipline through caring, respectful strategies
Ø Prepare for classroom activities by preparing materials, obtaining supplies, and readying necessary equipment
Ø Assist in maintaining organization and cleanliness of program areas, such as clearing and storing materials, etc.
Ø Report all injuries incurred by children to administrator
Ø Participate in staff meetings and conferences as scheduled
Ø Follow accepted principles, practices, rules, and regulations of the district
Ø Perform other related duties as assigned
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
§ Placement on the current certificated salary schedule as determined by the Superintendent or Long Term Substitute Teacher Rate.
§ Health insurance for employee and partial payment for dependents (pro rata according to % employed)
§ Vision insurance for employee (pro rata according to percent employed)
§ Dental insurance for employee and dependents (pro rata according to percent employed)
The Twin Hills Union School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mandatory Information to be submitted:
§ Completed and signed district application (available in the district office, address below)
§ Current Employees may submit a letter of interest in lieu of an application packet.
§ Copies of transcripts. Sealed transcripts mandatory upon hiring.
§ A minimum of three letters of recommendation written within the last 12 months which support your application for the vacant position
§ Current California Teaching Credential including EL authorization
§ Current resume
§ Letter of introduction explaining why you are qualified for this position and including information that will help the screening committee get to “know” you during the paper screening process
Application Materials should be submitted to Superintendent Anna-Maria Guzman, Ed.D., at the following address:
Twin Hills Union School District, SunRidge Charter School, 700 Watertrough Rd, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Ø Selection Process:
§ Applications will be reviewed and rated by a screening committee
§ Persons selected for an interview will be contacted
§ Open Until Filled
§ Applications due by Noon on Friday March 31, 2023
Essential Job Functions
(Constantly = over 2/3 time, Frequently = 1/3 – 2/3 time, Occasionally = under 1/3 time, seldom = under 7% time)
· Standing/walking: Frequently to constantly, throughout work shift.
· Sitting: Frequently, for one to two hours at a time while meeting with students and parents/guardians.
· Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1-15 pounds; books, instructional materials, binders, files, paperwork. Seldom, 16-35 pounds, books and materials and moving equipment.
· Bending/stooping: Frequently; at knees/waist/neck while meeting students or retrieving items from lower shelves and floor.
· Push/pull: Occasionally; using both hands and arms exerting a force of 10-20 pounds while assisting students, moving furniture and equipment and opening doors, etc.
· Climbing/balancing: Occasionally (several times a day), using stairs from lower classrooms to upper classrooms and offices.
· Kneeling/crouching/crawling: Seldom. Crouching/crawling not required.
· Hands/arms: Constant use of both in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/gripping while performing a variety of physical and administrative duties. Overhead reaching is required.
· Sight/hearing/speech: Constantly, to provide instructional assistance to students and parents. Assignment may require hand/eye coordination, depth perception and peripheral vision.
· Must be able to teach multiple subjects, including all core academics, up through the 8th grade level. Must possess current California teaching credential.
· Knowledge, training or experience in use of Waldorf methods of instruction.
· Must possess necessary written and oral communication skills to complete assignments. Must be able to read, write, speak and teach English. Must possess interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with a wide variety of students, parents and staff. Must be able to adapt to work pressures that may include frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
· Must be able to work independently with assigned students and exercise creative problem-solving ability.
· Must be able to provide supervisory skills to provide guidance and set appropriate behavioral model to assigned students.
· Must be able to complete required documentation in a timely manner, be punctual for appointments and flexible in scheduling appointments.
· Location: Work is performed 90% within the school classroom setting, 10% in an outdoor campus areas.
· Hazards: Trip hazards and slippery surfaces.
· Equipment used: General office and classroom equipment, computer, audio-visual equipment, copier.
· Safety equipment: None required.
The Twin Hills Union School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.