Grade School Eurythmy Teacher - Starting August 2023
The San Francisco Waldorf School (SFWS) was founded in 1979 and serves more than 450 students across a parent-child program, a preschool program, kindergarten, and grades 1 through 12. Our Early Childhood and Grade School campuses are in the Pacific Heights neighborhood, and our High School campus is in West Portal.
The grade school eurythmy teacher, working collaboratively with the 8th-12th grade eurythmy teacher, leads the Eurythmy program for the 1st through 7th grade students at the San Francisco Waldorf School. The grade school eurythmy teacher will teach the 8th grade class in the Spring. Aligned with the school’s mission and based on the indications given by Rudolf Steiner for education and inner development, the grade school eurythmy teacher will bring a rich, age-appropriate eurythmy program to our students. He or she will provide leadership in all areas of eurythmy throughout the school. He or she will create eurythmy performance opportunities for students, particularly as part of festivals and plays, and may provide workshops or other opportunities for parents, faculty, and staff to experience eurythmy.
- Overall Program Coordination
- Work collaboratively with the piano accompanist
- Responsible for communication with piano accompanist, including informing of schedule changes, cancelled lessons, sick days, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom (Eurythmy Room)
- Purchase and maintain the care of student eurythmy shoes, costumes, rods and other eurythmy related materials.
- Manage the budget for the grade school eurythmy program
- Participation in all school festivals
- Attend weekly mentoring meeting
- Attend weekly Grade School Faculty and Quarterly All-Faculty meetings
- Attend weekly Subject Teacher’s meetings
- Attend Parent Teacher Conferences during conference week and throughout the year as needed and/or write brief student reports when requested
- Year-end Reports: Write curriculum overviews for all classes taught and individual narrative reports for all 3rd – 7th grade students at the end of the school year
- Participation in Parent Education (Tours/ Weekend Open Houses / Evening Parent meetings)
- Be present on campus five days a week, consistent with 1FTE
- Participation in recess duties, school assemblies, and substitutions based on FTE school guidelines
- Participation in committee work beginning in the second year of teaching
- Completed eurythmy training
- Pedagogical eurythmy training
- Waldorf Teacher Training Preferred
- Class teaching experience appreciated
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Benefits and Compensation
This position is 1 FTE
Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending plans, voluntary vision, retirement plan (employer contributions and matching after one year of employment), and tuition remission for eligible dependents in our N-12 program. The annual salary range is $60K - $85K depending on experience. Salaries are paid on a 12-month schedule
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Faculty; Exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Updated: August 2021
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.