French Teacher (Part-Time)
Halton Waldorf School is seeking a part-time (60%) French teacher starting August 2023.
This part-time position includes the following job duties and responsibilities: preparing and delivering French lessons to students in grades 1-5; teaching creatively using a phenomenological approach; preparing and providing necessary materials; classroom management; student assessment, report writing; meeting with parents/guardians regarding their child’s progress upon request and for parent/teacher conferences; liaising with faculty and administration; participating in professional development and pedagogical faculty meetings (Thursday evenings 4pm-6pm) .
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum university bachelor’s degree, Bachelor of Education, or equivalent combination of education and work experience with a major in science
- Waldorf Teacher Education certificate or accepted equivalent experience
- Active and on-going research and development in academic area of expertise
- Skills in classroom management and discipline follow-through
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, approachable for student, parents, and colleagues
- Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment
- A creative and artistic approach to teaching
About Our School:
The Halton Waldorf School provides students with a place to grow intellectually, artistically, and socially. Founded in 1984, we are an independent, accredited Waldorf School serving students and their families from birth to high school. Our high school offers an Ontario Ministry of Education Graduation Diploma which enables University and College entrance along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Every day our faculty and administration serve a vibrant and diverse community of over 200 students and their families. Located on 5 forested acres in northeast Burlington, close to the natural wonders of the Niagara Escarpment and the shores of Lake Ontario. We are committed providing a healthy, beautiful sustainable environment that supports the pedagogical mission of the school.
Criminal Record Check:
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing employment.
Commitment to Equity:
The Halton Waldorf School is committed to equitable hiring practices. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
To be considered for this position, please send an intention letter and resume to Caitlyn Byford, Human Resources and Operations Manager via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “French Teacher” in the subject line.
This position will be posted until filled.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.