Lead Teachers (Grade 1 & Grade 6) New Orleans 2023/2024
As the only Waldorf School in the state of Louisiana, our faculty and staff enjoy the fantastic opportunities that come with living in one of the most unique cities in America. From exploring the French Quarter and spending all weekend at Jazz Fest, to enjoying fabulous restaurants and experiencing Mardi Gras (with a school break!), we celebrate life.
Waldorf School of New Orleans Main Campus is located in a renovated century old parochial school building in the historic 7th Ward of New Orleans - a vibrant neighborhood founded by free people of color, known for their family-owned businesses, building trades, and music. We are adjacent to Bayou Road, the ancient portage footpath and trading post of the indigenous Chitimacha people. Waldorf School of New Orleans stands at a cultural crossroads that transports locals and visitors alike between history and the present day.
Waldorf School of New Orleans has been offering the families of Greater New Orleans an education alternative since 2000, and our graduates - interested, motivated, and eager to engage - are sought after by Greater New Orleans' top high schools. With emphasis on parent involvement and community, Waldorf School of New Orleans is a special place for children and families, fostering the joy of learning for all ages in a diverse, nurturing and holistic environment.
We are looking for a full-time Lead Grade Teacher for Grade 1 AND a full-time Lead Grade Teacher for Grade 6 for the 2023/2024 School Year. The Grades Teacher nurtures the development and unique capabilities of each child within the context of the whole class and according to Waldorf Pedagogy and curriculum. They are an integral part of the whole Faculty for the pedagogical and administrative aspects of the School, and bring into practice the shared vision of our Waldorf school.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Art, or Psychology. Preferred candidates will have a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of classroom experience. Preferred candidates will have teaching experience in a Waldorf School.
- Preferred candidates will have completed Waldorf Teacher Certification in a program recognized by AWSNA.
- Acceptance, as a working hypothesis for teaching (not necessarily for one’s personal beliefs), the work of Rudolf Steiner, founder of Waldorf education, as brought in Faculty studies, teacher presentations during in-school workshops and through other pertinent Waldorf training
- Health Care and Vision & Dental Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Remission
- Professional Development/Training Funds
Interested candidates should submit a biography, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
A complete job description can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.