2023-2024 Kindergarten Assistant (Full and Part-time)
Polaris School and Centre is seeking a kindergarten assistant for the 2023-2024 school year. Having opened our doors in September 2018, Polaris School and Centre is a small, independent Waldorf-inspired school in the heart of Ottawa. We are currently looking for an individual to join our team and our growing and diverse school community.
Working closely with and under the supervision of the ECE Lead & Kindergarten teacher, the Assistant works to create a joyful, safe, warm, and loving atmosphere for the children in our care. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who enjoys working with children, teaching and works well in a collaborative manner.
- Assist the Kindergarten Teacher with both indoor and outdoor activities, such as preparing for activities, including rest time.
- Assist the Class Teacher in maintaining the physical environment and social atmosphere within the classroom.
- Lead the afternoon care.
- Observe and document the children’s experience and share observations with the Kindergarten Teacher.
- Participate in meetings with kindergarten staff to discuss issues and routines and to share observations.
Education & Experience
- Have a familiarity with Waldorf pedagogy and best practices. Having a Waldorf Teaching Certificate (WECAN / Lifeways) is an asset.
- Have at least a minimum of one year experience in the childcare setting. A minimum of one year experience in a Waldorf / Steiner Early Childhood setting is preferred.
- Be willing to receive instruction and work collaboratively with the early childhood team and school administration.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in the completion of all duties and towards students, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to teach in English, other languages (especially French) are an asset.
- Provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check.
- Hold current first aid certification.
Salary: Please contact us for more information.
If interested, email a letter of intent, your resume, two references and a brief autobiography to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Polaris School and Centre
1805 Gaspe Avenue
Ottawa ON K1K 0A4
Your application has been successfully submitted.