High School Chair
The Hartsbrook School is seeking applicants for a full-time High School chair position to lead the high school beginning in the 2023 school year. The High School Chair, in collaboration with the Faculty Conference, oversees all aspects of the pedagogy and administration of the high school and ensures support for and alignment with the mission and values of the Hartsbrook School.
The role includes some teaching, determined by the strengths and background of the applicant, in the interest of having a direct experience of the students.
- Deep commitment to make a meaningful impact on the lives of adolescents and their families.
- Experience teaching high school students
- A proven record as a community builder who leads by example and encourages collective involvement within a school community.
- Familiarity with a variety of student support needs and how to serve these in an educational setting
- Waldorf experience or a commitment to complete Waldorf administrative training, as well as willingness to pursue the study of anthroposophy, so that the pedagogical vision of the high school may be renewed with integrity.
- Motivation to offer the Waldorf high school curriculum to meet the student of the 21st century.
- Ability to communicate strategic planning and future goals to students, faculty, staff, the Board and greater community and incorporate their insights into such planning.
- Ability to inspire collaborative culture among colleagues to strengthen a developmentally-sequenced, interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Ability to identify, advocate for, and support faculty needs regarding continued enrichment of the pedagogy and other professional development.
- Administrative background with ability to implement, uphold and reassess current policies and procedures to ensure alignment with the values of the school.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a DEIJ approach in curriculum design, policies and processes, and throughout community life.
- Computer skills including familiarity with or capacity to come up to speed quickly with: Google Workspace for Education, Microsoft Office, and our student information system BigSIS.
$72,000 - $75,000
Benefits include employer contributions to health and dental plans and a 403(b) plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, sick time, personal time, and professional development funding. Tuition remission is available for eligible children enrolling at Hartsbrook.
The Hartsbrook School is committed to enhancing diversity and equity in education and employment. To that end, the School welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and lived experiences, who will contribute to a culture of inclusion and respect. For more information about Hartsbrook’s position on diversity and inclusion, please visit our website at: hartsbrook.org/about/inclusion-equity-and-diversity
Please apply by completing an Employment Application, and sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.