Assistant School Administrator Post
An independent provider of Tertiary Education, the Centre for Creative Education equips future teachers with relevant, reflexive, ethical practice in education and self-development through furthering imaginative, innovative, arts and activity-based learning and teaching approaches. We strive to empower future teachers to meet their vocation with love, expertise, integrity, and professionalism. We also run a kindergarten and primary school at our Zenzeleni Campus in Khayelitsha and are searching for an Assistant School Administrator.
Purpose of Job:
Create a positive image to represent the Centre for Creative Education (Zenzeleni Campus) telephonically, by email and in person whether dealing with staff, learners, parents, or visitors. Be adaptable and flexible to the needs and requirements needed in the school’s Administration including, but not limited to the tasks below.
START DATE: 1 April 2023
● Permanent position
● 5 times per week
● To provide full administrative support to the administration team and teaching staff as required
● To liaise with all visitors – prospective learners and parents, contractors, delivery drivers etc.
● To arrange internal, parent/teacher meetings
● To assist with school performances and special events
● Manage Learner accounts.
● Complete Department of Education subsidy forms
● Keep a clear and concise record of documentation.
● Work with the school management system
● Telephone and general enquiries, including liaising with suppliers and taking messages for staff members.
● Office management, including assisting with typing and printing, filing, minutes, photocopier assistance and simple correspondence.
● Manage the Google Calendar & meeting room schedule, including assisting with venues for meetings.
● Office supply procurement and distribution.
● Assist in the upkeep of contact records, including student, staff, and trustee contact information.
● Order stationary, first-aid equipment, and sundries
● Maintaining a clean, tidy, and orderly admin office
● Manage school’s CEMIS account.
● Termly reports and keeping record of schedules and submitting these to DBE.
● Assisting with Umalusi documentation and Fundraising
● Bachelor’s degree/advanced Diploma in Administration
● A minimum of three years’ experience in School Administration
● A minimum of three years of experience working with Google Workspace
● A minimum of three years’ experience working with a school management system such as CEMIS
The following competencies will be a further advantage:
● Experience working with financial accounts will be advantageous.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 March 2023
Submit your CV, a motivational letter, certified copies of your qualifications, and current contactable references to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.