First Grade Class Teacher
Great Oak School is searching for a First Grade Lead Teacher beginning in the fall of 2023.
Come join a wonderful school in an area with an affordable cost of living. Our warm, tight faculty is committed to the anthroposophical view of human development, to teacher self-development, shared governance, collaborative mentorship, healthy communication and taking good care of ourselves as we care for others.
We are close to Houston, and the school itself is located in charming Tomball, Texas. Tomball is originally a small German settlement town, now with a historic main street, a German heritage museum, farmer’s markets, and independent businesses. Tomball offers a small town feel with quick access to Houston that offers extraordinary culture, food, arts, sports, higher education and an economically robust job market (if needed by another family member).
Our campus is surrounded by oak, pine, and pecan trees, with access to surrounding woods and several gardens. Great Oak offers preschool through eighth grades as full WECAN members and Registered Initiative of AWSNA.
An ideal candidate would:
• Hold a bachelor's degree or have equivalent experience.
• Hold a Waldorf Teaching Certificate (but we are well set up to mentor and support a teacher wishing to pursue Waldorf Teacher Training)
• Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Have strengths in developing and maintaining professional relationships with parents and faculty.
• Be a life-long learner interested in anthroposophy, child development, and self-development.
We invite you to send a letter of introduction and your resume to: email@example.com. If you would like a bit more information, feel free to call 281-516-7296 for a conversation. Thank you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.