Nursery Assistant Teachers (Part-Time)
Nursery Assistant Teachers
Part-Time: Up to 25 hours per week
Waldorf School of New Orleans seeks two part-time Nursery Assistant Teachers at the Main Campus to support the needs of the Lead Teacher in meeting the needs of the children, of the program, and of the well-being of the classroom. One position is for a Morning Teacher and one position is for an Afternoon Teacher.
The assistant teacher understands the essential needs of the young child and supports both children and parents by helping create joy-filled and life-nourishing environments that enhance growth and development during the critical first seven years of life. Understanding that a healthy early childhood provides a strong foundation for the future development of individuals and humanity as a whole, the assistant teacher will help bring healthy movement opportunities, purposeful activities, nourishing images, and clear speech into their daily work with the children. The assistant teacher will guide the children toward self-control, cooperation, social awareness, and a feeling of belonging in the group.
Morning Teacher: 8:00am-1:00pm
Afternoon Teacher: 1:00pm-6:00pm
· Assist the Lead Teacher in maintaining a safe, harmonious social environment for the students, as well as, a clean, orderly classroom
· Prepare snacks, crafts, painting, and other activities as determined by the Lead Teacher
· Support circle activities and puppet shows as determined by the Lead Teacher
· Help maintain the classroom and common areas with duties such as sweeping, dusting, washing dishes, gardening, tidying the bathroom, etc. throughout the day
· Carry the role of the Lead Teacher if the Lead Teacher is absent
· Participate in festival planning, preparation, and celebration as requested by the Lead Teacher
· Participate in Open Houses, Parent Nights, Community Events, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Faculty Meetings, and Work Days as requested by the Lead Teacher
· Maintain and strive for an openness to understand and work with the Anthroposophical underpinnings of Waldorf Education and child development
· 1-2 years early childhood classroom experience required; Waldorf and/or Life Ways experience preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Agreement with the WSNO Employee Handbook
Pay & Benefits:
The Nursery Assistant Teacher position pays $19 an hour.
The Nursery Assistant Teacher position is a part-time, hourly position and is not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit an application, cover letter/biography, resume, three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.