Kindergarten Teacher; 2023-2024 school year
River Song is seeking to hire a full-time Kindergarten Teacher for the 23-24 school year.
River Song is a non-profit Waldorf early childhood center nestled in the foothills of northern Colorado. WE offer mixed-age preschool classes for children 2 1/2 - 5 years of age, a kindergarten class for children 5-7 years, and nature-based school-age programs. We are adjacent to magical natural areas, which include a local green space we call "the forest" as well as "Grandmother Willow" on the Spring Creek Trail; a wonderful source for water play, discovery and observation of wildlife and seasonal changes. River Song is a full member of WECAN.
Our beloved Kindergarten teacher is retiring at the end of the 2023-2024 school year and we are looking for a kind and loving educator to take over leading our Bluebell's classroom. This is a sweet, small class with only 9 children.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed their Waldorf ECE training, or be in the process of completing.
- Is ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado.
- Have experience working in a Waldorf early childhood classroom.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the Waldorf pedagogy, including the basic introduction of letters and their sounds through stories, art, play, and other hands-on activities.
- Use objective observation to document children's development, which will then be used to create a rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and activities that foster their growth and development.
- Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children every day, including our weekly Adventure Day. This is a wonderful opportunity to visit the wonderful natural areas Fort Collins has to offer.
- Demonstrate warmth, compassion, and clarity in working with both children and adults.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to coworkers and parents alike.
- Observe and care for our children's physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual development and well-being.
- Work cohesively with the assistant teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children.
- Contribute to faculty meetings, festivals, and community events.
Our school year runs August 14, 2023 - May 31, 2024 with the option of full or part time work during the summer. The position would begin on August 1, 2023. Lead teachers are salaried at 40 hrs per week with in-class hours typically 7:45-2:00, Monday-Friday and a weekly faculty meeting 2:30-4:30. We follow our local school district calendar for seasonal closures, including a week at Thanksgiving, 2-weeks for Winter holidays, and 1-week for spring break.
- Free tuition for preschool, kindergarten, or our school-age programs
- Health insurance, including vision and a discount dental plan
- SIMPLE Retirement plan with a 2% non-elective contribution paid by the school
- Paid vacations, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid training opportunities for ongoing professional development as well as towards Waldorf ECE certification
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please contact Becky via email or phone with any questions (970) 407-9185.
Learn more about River Song at www.riversongwaldorf.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.