The Waldorf School of Philadelphia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Development Associate assists and oversees a variety of fundraising activities that will ensure the long-term sustainability and healthy growth of the school. The Development Associate will implement an annual fundraising plan through annual giving, EITC, signature events, alumni programming, and parent philanthropy. This is a tremendous opportunity to work within a small team of highly engaged professionals in a growing organization.
- Support and manage the school’s donor database and infrastructure to effectively maximize donor opportunities. Working across several platforms, entering, auditing, updating, reconciling, exporting and reporting on data for use within the Development Office. Primary responsibilities include accurate entry, audit and updating of constituent data using the BigSis database, MailChimp, and Excel; constituent records updates across platforms, accurate and timely gift entry, processing, reconciling and reporting; and developing reports, synthesizing information that will lead to identifying and analyzing trends.
- Enter data where required and complete all updates to contact information in and as required in the alumni database, BigSis, and MailChimp (communications e-mail/mailing software)
- Timely follow-up on all returned mail and bounced emails and research for lost constituents, updated addresses, e-mails, and deceased constituents.
- Coordinate for the import of prospective parents, new parents, new students and graduates’ information and activities
- Audit imported records for accuracy, including relationships and duplications.
- Daily entry and processing of donor gifts, including cash, credit card, checks, stocks, pledges, electronic fund transfers, payroll deductions and recurring gifts.
- Process and input all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations
- Follow our school’s gift acceptance policy for gift entry, ensuring gifts are recorded accurately, donor restrictions are noted including wishes of anonymity, in honor of and in memory of; and that adjustments and write offs are processed in accordance with policy
- Complete daily gift reconciliations and monthly and year-end reconciliation and audit reports and exports for the Business Office
- Preparation of calendar year-end tax receipts and statements of giving
- Plan for and keep pace with giving day initiatives and other high volume giving periods and coordinate with the office to ensure accurate tracking of information
- Utilize best practices for ensuring protection of donor data
- Other duties as assigned, in accordance with the overall goals of the Development Office
Signature Events Coordination
- Proactively lead signature fundraising and community events (the Holiday Fair, Annual Benefit, May Faire), identify event revenue generation opportunities, and meet established fundraising and event budget goals.
- Serve as lead in all pre-event, on-site event, and post-event tasks, including:
- Create and manage the event timelines
- Support volunteer Chairs and engage parent volunteers
- Develop event experience, layouts, logistics and detail planning, décor proposal, invitations,
- Support the process of designing email invitations, social media campaign, website updates
- Serve as event vendor liaison, arranging food and beverage,
- Lead event coordination, post-event breakdown, and any necessary post-event follow up
- Update database with event details including invitees, RSVPs, and actual attendance
- Prepare budgets and track event finances including fundraising, sponsorship, donor management, check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Assume responsibility for meeting the event fundraising goals including sponsorship, donated items, and stewardship ensuring event supporters are cultivated and appropriately recognized.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
PA Tax Credit Program - EITC
- Maintain and update the EITC prospects database.
- Act as liaison between the donor, the Waldorf School of Philadelphia, and the Central Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund to ensure correct paperwork has been submitted and EITC contributions are made according to the timeline set by the Central Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund.
- Contribute to the EITC Taskforce as subcommittee of the Board mandated Development Committee: coordinate agendas, meeting times, etc …
- Ensure the community has knowledge about the EITC giving opportunity through Weekly inserts and regular workshops in conjunction with the EITC Taskforce and Central Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund.
- Liaise with the Business Office to ensure contributions are received and recorded appropriately.
- Provide oversight and management of the alumni database, ensuring that records are updated
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong interest in fundraising and the mission of the Waldorf School of Philadelphia.
- Outgoing and highly motivated self-starter, with initiative and drive
- Proven track record in project management and excellent organizational skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy with an innate interest in understanding data.
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills with a can-do approach.
- Relational database management systems experience
- Ability to create queries, reports and lists needed to support Development Office activities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in managing time, balancing deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information appropriately and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with multiple platforms including Excel, Google sheets.Microsoft Word, Google documents, databases
- Ability to maintain a positive, helpful and constructive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to promote the mission, values, and vision of our school
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Flexible team player with availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Successful completion of background screening
As a member of a small but mighty administration team, the Development Associate is expected to contribute towards team goals and responsibilities including but not limited to, arrival and dismissal, recess duties, classroom coverage, and supporting admissions open houses and other school-wide events.
How to Apply for our Career Opportunities:
We hope that you’re interested. To apply, send a letter, your resume, and contact information for three professional references to Alex Borders, Interim Head of School at email@example.com
Our school is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply.