Preschool Afternoon Assistant/Aide 2023/24
Preschool Afternoon Assistant/Aide Teacher 2023/24 (Waldorf/Lifeways inspired curriculum)
Pay: $15 an hour - position is hourly, paid every two weeks
Contract Hours: Afternoons only from 12-4 pm. Additional, outside class time includes weekly (or as needed) meetings with the other Preschool Teachers, weekly faculty meetings on Wednesday from 4:30 to 6pm (participation optional for this position).
Required whole Faculty Training is Monday, August 21st–Thursday, August 31st, 2023. School year starts Tuesday, September 5th – ends May 30th, 2023
Role: This position is an Aide to our Lead afternoons teacher. Afternoons in the Preschool classroom include lunch all together at 12 pm, transition to nap/rest, preparing snack after the children wake, and outdoor play before pick up at 3:30 pm. There will be two afternoon teachers with 8-10 children. This position requires experience and ability to help children sleep, and rest. As the afternoons Assistant Teacher you will help create a professional, peaceful, loving and respectful environment for students, families and staff by :
- Supporting the afternoon Lead teacher as needed to provide a healthy, nurturing, creative and respectful environment for each child and follow our daily rhythm. This may include specifically assigned tasks and will also require taking initiative when needed.
- Supporting Afternoon nap time routine and occasionally lead afternoon class activities with other afternoon teacher
- Assisting Lead teacher with behavior management and child engagement during group activities, transitions, and when working with individual children
- Participating in seasonal family events/celebrations at school
Desired Qualifications include:
- Early Childhood teaching experience
- Understanding of Waldorf education (experience preferred)
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and parents
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability to changes
- Possess a warm, friendly, joyous demeanor
- Compliance with all early childhood teacher requirements and licensing regulations. See below for more information.
Colorado Licensing Regulations paperwork and Requirements:
- We will request the standard job paperwork
- Background check
- Standard Precautions Training
- And a few more!
Colorado Licensing Regulations require: Staff aides must be at least sixteen (16) years of age and must work directly under the supervision of the director or an early childhood teacher.
Mancos Valley Dragonfly School
Wonder and Imagination of Early Childhood