Lead Early Childhood Teacher, Full Time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Waldorf School of St. Louis is seeking an Early Childhood Lead Teacher to join our faculty in the 2023-2024 school year. Our Early Childhood programs include Parent/Child, Preschool, and Kindergarten classes.
The teacher will be responsible for providing a Waldorf Early Childhood education to our students in a mixed-age class. This position requires a deep understanding of Waldorf early childhood pedagogy as well as the ability to:
- bring Waldorf curriculum to meet the needs of each child as well as the whole class
- assess the evolving needs of the children in the class through record keeping, including first grade readiness assessments
- work well with the parents, provide parent education on Waldorf education and create a healthy class community
- commit to self-development and have a growing relationship with Anthroposophy
- serve the school through committee work, administrative responsibilities and work collaboratively with faculty, administration, and other school realms
Qualifications: Ideal candidates are Waldorf-trained teachers with a Bachelor’s degree, a few years of teaching experience, and a commitment to work out of Anthroposophy. Candidates enrolled in Waldorf teacher training will be considered but will be expected to complete a Waldorf certification program.
Interested job applicants should email their cover letter with a short autobiographical statement, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.