Position: Administrative Director
About MN Waldorf School:
The Minnesota Waldorf School is an independent school offering preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-8.
The mission of the school is to nurture children’s highest capacities of thinking, feeling, and willing by cultivating a sense of truth, the power of imagination, and a feeling of responsibility for themselves and the world around them.
At MWS, we recognize the critical link between inspiration and education. A strong core of language arts, math, science, and humanities are skillfully supported by art, music, movement, foreign language, gardening, nature studies, and handwork. Students are academically challenged while developing their sense of discovery and curiosity. Our classrooms and teachers offer a joyful, nurturing environment that allows children’s natural capacities for learning to unfold. Teachers remain with the same class from 1st–8th grade, providing a secure foundation for positive relationships to grow between the class and the teacher.
The Administrative Director Role:
The MWS Administrative Director supports the school’s mission by collaborating closely with the Pedagogical Director, facilitating connection between the faculty, staff, and board, leading the administrative functions of the school, and organizing school operations to support a joyful nurturing environment. The Administrative Director works across stakeholder groups to align on goals, build consensus on decisions, and ensure effective work across the organization.
Job responsibilities include:
- Participate in the creation and direct implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the school, including staffing needs and program modifications.
- Collaborate with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to develop the school budget and oversee the management of it throughout the year
- Maintain the policies and procedures of the school, interpret and explain them, and ensure compliance
- Serve as the leader of the administrative staff and coordinate the work of the administration with the rest of the school
- Represent the school in community and professional meetings as required including with other agencies and government
- Respond to and facilitate complaints and requests of the school in partnership with the Pedagogical Director
- Regularly engage the parent community
- Serve as a member of the College of Teachers, sit on the board as an ex-officio member, and join Parent Council meetings as needed
- Lead the school accreditation process in collaboration with the Pedagogical Director
- Facilitate strong communication across multiple committees, working groups, faculty, and staff
- Coordinate efforts between the board and appropriate staff in areas of finance, development, and operations
- Experience with Waldorf Education
- Bachelor’s or master’s degrees in educational administrative, business administration, or a related field of study, or its equivalent in work experience with a minimum of four years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a supervisory position with coordination of professional staff
- Strong organizational and work management skills
- Strong financial acumen, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals, including faculty, staff, students, parents, and board members
- Strong organization development and planning skills and the ability to contribute to the vision and strategy of the school
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.