Strings Teacher and Orchestra Director
The Hartsbrook Waldorf School is seeking a part-time strings teacher and orchestra director for the 2023-2024 school year. This position will include a 4th grade beginning violin or cello class, 5th grade orchestra, middle school orchestra, high school orchestra, and a weekly meeting with the Music Department Chair. Opportunities to lead special after school ensembles also exist. Other contributions include co-facilitating seasonal concerts and festival ceremonies.
- Deep desire to share the joy of music making with students and community members
- Excellent classroom management
- Commitment to instilling healthy individual and group playing techniques
- Commitment to building practical music literacy skills in each rehearsal
- Experience teaching ensemble music, preferably in school settings
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Ability to work creatively with a wide range of ages and abilities
- Experience in equity and inclusion work that supports a diverse community
$50 per each 45 minute class period
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org: a letter of introduction including a brief biography, a resume, and three professional references, as well as a completed substitute application found here.