Preschool Afternoon Teacher
Afternoon Preschool Teacher 2023/24 (Waldorf/Lifeways inspired curriculum)
Pay: $16-$20 an hour DOE - position is hourly, paid every two weeks
Contract Hours: Afternoons only from 12-4 pm (16 hours of classroom time). Additional outside class time includes weekly–or as needed–meetings with the other Preschool Teachers, and weekly faculty meetings from 4:30 to 6pm making the position about 20 hours/week. For teachers looking for more hours, opportunity to be an on-call substitute teacher for other classrooms when not in their own classroom.
Required whole Faculty Training is Monday, August 21st–Thursday, August 31st, 2023
School year starts Tuesday, September 5th – ends May 30th, 2023
Role: This position is a co-teaching position with our other Afternoons nap teacher. Afternoons in the Preschool classroom include lunch all together at 12 pm, transition to nap/rest, preparing snack after the children wake, and outdoor play before pick up at 3:30 pm. There will be two afternoon teachers with 8-10 children. This position requires experience and ability to help children sleep, or rest quietly. As an afternoon Teacher you will help create a professional, peaceful, loving and respectful environment for students, families and staff by :
- Working together with the afternoon teachers to provide a healthy, nurturing, creative and respectful environment for each child and follow our daily rhythm. This may include specifically assigned tasks and will also require taking initiative when needed.
- Supporting Afternoon nap time routine and lead afternoon class activities with other afternoon teacher
- Assisting other teacher(s) with behavior management and child engagement during group activities, transitions, and when working with individual children
- Participating in seasonal family events/celebrations at school
Desired Qualifications include:
- Early Childhood teaching experience
- Understanding of Waldorf education (experience preferred)
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and parents
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability to changes
- Possess a warm, friendly, joyous demeanor
- Compliance with all early childhood teacher requirements and licensing regulations.
Contact Emily if interested! Director@dragonflypreschool.org
Mancos Valley Dragonfly School
Wonder and Imagination of Early Childhood