Parent and Child Teacher
Parent and Child Teacher 2023/24 (Waldorf/Lifeways inspired curriculum)
Pay: $20-22 an hour (DOE) - position is hourly, and part-time
Contract Hours: Part time, specifics TBD
Required whole Faculty Training is Monday, August 21st–Thursday, August 31st, 2023
School year starts Tuesday, September 5th – ends May 30th, 2023
Role: This position is unique. We are looking for someone who has experience leading parents and young children and is philosophically aligned with Waldorf Early Childhood education and the vision of The Dragonfly School. The Parent Child teacher is someone who takes initiative, can help build this new program and is comfortable being the initial face of the school for new parents.
Our Parent and Child program offers families an experience of the wonders of childhood and parenting support including how to engage their child with rhythm, warmth and ease. Parents and children spend time in our beautiful and nurturing Early Childhood indoor and outdoor spaces where the children will hopefully attend someday when they are older. The Parent and Child curriculum will engage children and parents in song and joyful movement. Parents may participate in purposeful work and crafts while their children engage in free play. Building community and connecting parents with other parents and children is a benefit and an aim of our program.
In the Parent and Child facilitator role, you will help create a professional, peaceful, loving and respectful environment for children, families and staff by:
- Providing a healthy, nurturing, creative and respectful environment for each child and their caregiver. This may include specifically assigned tasks and will also require taking initiative when needed.
- Empowering parents and caregivers as their child’s first teachers during the early years. Holding space for parents to connect, offering parenting guidance and knowing age developmental wisdoms
- Speaking to Dragonfly’s mission and vision; why we do what we do (the Waldorf way)
- Offering seasonal songs and fingerplays to do with parents and young children
- Assisting parents with behavior management and child engagement during group activities, transitions, and when working with individual children
- Participating in seasonal family events/celebrations with the school wide community
Desired Qualifications include:
- Early Childhood teaching experience
- A good understanding of Waldorf education (experience preferred)
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and parents
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability to changes
- Possess a warm, friendly, joyous demeanor
- Compliance with all early childhood teacher requirements and licensing regulations. See below for more information.
If Interested contact Emily at email@example.com
Mancos Valley Dragonfly School
Wonder and Imagination of Early Childhood