Kindergarten Teacher for the 2023-2024 School year
Are you passionate about working with young children? We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Faculty as a Kindergarten Teacher, for the upcoming school year. This is a full time, benefitted position.
The Lead Teacher will work with children and the Assistant Teacher to deliver a Waldorf Kindergarten program to a class of 22 students. The teacher will provide a safe, loving, nurturing environment for children and support them in their development. We are looking for a teacher who has strong communication skills, knowledge of child development, and an interest in implementing curriculum and activities. Waldorf training or experience is required and a minimum of 12 ECE credits.
Davis is noted for its desirable quality of life, its seeming small town atmosphere, and an emphasis on parks and open spaces. Davis is also known for its innovation in all aspects of community life as a leader in fostering and implementing non-traditional approaches to traditional problems. Known as an environmentally aware and socially innovative city, Davis boasts more than 50 miles of bicycle paths and more bicycles per capita than any other city in the nation.
The Davis Waldorf School is a school of 215 children, pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. We are in our 37th year and have been experiencing healthy enrollment, ongoing growth, and strong support from our community. We have a strong, trained and experienced faculty and a supportive parent body. We have a robust specialty program that includes Spanish, Handwork, Games, Strings, Music, Gardening and Woodworking. Our staff is full of creativity, experience and commitment, and we look forward to welcoming new teachers into our warm and caring community!
Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition remission, 403b match between 3-5% and a continuing education stipend.
The position requires a deep understanding and grounding in the foundations of Waldorf education, as well as the abilities to:
- Plan the daily, weekly and block rhythms of the year. These plans are developed in accordance with the principles of Waldorf pedagogy and in light of the needs of the class.
- Deepen their understanding of Anthroposophy and child development, and seek out new materials for their teaching.
- Commit to faculty responsibilities including weekly meetings in our grades section group, weekly faculty meetings and committee service.
- Build a healthy class community.
Our pay scale ranges from $49,000-83,000 annually based on years of experience and education
- 1 – 2 years of previous relevant classroom experience
- Have completed, or are currently enrolled in a Waldorf Teacher Training Program
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Teaching experience in a Waldorf school
Our ideal candidate is a certified Waldorf teacher with classroom experience. If you are interested in joining us at Davis Waldorf School, please submit your cover letter and resume to our school director, Jennifer Slater, at email@example.com
Davis Waldorf School
Inspired Learning for the Whole Child