Lead Early Childhood Teacher
River Song is excited to offer a new pay scale and benefits package to our lead teachers! Come join our friendly, thriving community.
We are seeking a full-time lead early childhood teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
River Song is a small non-profit Waldorf preschool and kindergarten in Fort Collins, nestled in the foothills of northern Colorado. We have 3 mixed-age preschool classes (2 ½ - 5 years), a private kindergarten program (5-7 years), and nature-based programs for 7-12-year-olds, including after-school care and a summer camp. Our classes pay regular visits (at least once a week) to two magical natural areas. Both are just a few minutes walk from the school. We visit a local green space we call “the forest” and “Grandmother Willow,” a beautiful old willow tree right next to Spring Creek—a wonderful place for water play, discovery, and observing wildlife and the seasonal changes.
River Song is a full member of WECAN.
We pride ourselves on the love and care our team of teachers has for not only the children and families but also for each other. We strive to support each other both professionally and personally. Our Board of Trustees understands that the faculty are the roots of our school, and one of their main priorities is finding ways to support them in their work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed their Waldorf ECE training or be in the process of completing it.
- Have experience leading a classroom of preschool-aged children.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum inspired by Waldorf pedagogy.
- Use objective observation to document children’s development and create a rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and activities that foster their growth and development.
- Love nature and be willing to explore it with the children, even in inclement weather.
- Demonstrate warmth, compassion, and clarity in working with children and adults.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to coworkers and parents.
- Observe and care for our children’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual development and well-being.
- Work cohesively with the assistant teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children.
- Contribute to faculty meetings and festivals.
- Meet with new families prior to their child joining the class.
This is a salaried position at 40 hours per week, with in-class hours typically 7:30-2:00, Monday-Friday. Lead teachers have an 8-week summer break; another week in summer is to be used for professional development, and the teacher also has two weeks in August to prepare for the start of the new school year.
Base pay for leads is $40,000 with an increase of $1,000 per year of Waldorf lead teaching experience (max of 10 years applied). River Song also provides yearly salary increases and longevity bonuses each year in your anniversary month.
- Two weeks of paid time off (PTO) during the school year to be used for illness and personal time
- Paid holidays/school closures (two-week winter break, one-week spring break, plus some federal holidays)
- 100% tuition remission in our early childhood programs and/or school-age nature camps
- Health insurance, including vision, and a discount dental plan
- Retirement plan, including a 2% employer contribution
- Paid training opportunities for ongoing professional development as well as towards Waldorf ECE certification.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please contact Becky via email or phone with any questions. (970) 407-9185.
Learn more about River Song at www.riversongwaldorf.org
River Song Waldorf School
Childhood, Pure and Simple