Lower Grades Homeschool Enrichment Teacher
City of Fountains School is searching for a teacher to lead our Lower grades homeschool enrichment class (Grade 1-2) for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. You will join a dedicated faculty, and will be instrumental in helping to build our school. Our school offers Parent/ Toddler classes, Kindergarten, 1st-8th Grade, Specialty classes, and mixed Grades homeschool enrichment classes, all based upon Waldorf education methods.
Our mixed grades homeschool enrichment classes include children in ages from 7 years old through 14 years. The children are currently divided into Lower, Middle, and Upper Grades classes. The Enrichment program meets on Fridays from 9:00- 1:00, September through May.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Classroom teaching experience
- Waldorf experience, teacher training or willingness to begin training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and dependability
- The ability to plan and augment instruction
- A broad education in the arts and sciences, B.A. preferred or equivalent experience and study
- Commitment to collaborative work with fellow colleagues
- Ability to participate in the school’s community life and festivals
- Understanding of the importance of self development
- A warm and welcoming approach to students and parents
City of Fountains School provides educational and community building opportunities for families in the Kansas City Metro area, guided by the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and the Waldorf Education methods. This growing collective relies on ongoing contributions of talented individuals and a collaborative model of governance. For more information about City of Fountains School, please visit our website at www.cityoffountainsschool.org.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in Waldorf education and resume to: email@example.com