City of Fountains School is searching for a Kindergarten Assistant for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
Our mixed-ages Kindergarten classes include children 3.5- 6 years old. The children are currently divided into two classrooms, Star Garden and Wind Rose. The program meets Monday- Friday 9:00- 1:00, September through May.
Ideal candidates will help foster a classroom environment of reverence and loving joy through these qualities:
- Experience working with young children
- Helping to maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Strong organizational skills and dependability
- Helping with each day’s cooking and dishes.
- Under the direction of the Kindergarten Lead Teacher, working with and caring for children.
- Assisting during all classroom activities and transitions.
- Spending a portion of everyday outdoors in all types of weather.
- Modeling inner capacities such as compassionate listening, gratitude, stillness, warmth and creativity.
- Honoring the importance of play.
- A warm and welcoming approach to students and parents
City of Fountains School provides educational and community building opportunities for families in the Kansas City Metro area, guided by the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and the Waldorf Education methods. This growing collective relies on ongoing contributions of talented individuals and a collaborative model of governance. For more information about City of Fountains School, please visit our website at www.cityoffountainsschool.org.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in Waldorf education and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org