High School English Language Arts
Desert Marigold School
High School Language Arts Teacher
Job Purpose Statement: As a member of the faculty at Desert Marigold School, the Language Arts Teacher is responsible for English, Reading and Writing Skills support for high school in grades 9-12.
Salary: $40.000-50,.000 plus experience and certificates
Hours: Full time position 7:30-3:30
Reports to: Executive Director and Director of Curriculum and Instruction
To Apply: Send Resume to email@example.com
● Teaching experience in classroom/group settings.
● Willingness to learn about Waldorf education and incorporate Waldorf principles of child development into teaching.
● AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
● Meet Arizona’s Standards for highly qualified teacher in subject area being taught. ● Must have a valid AZ DPS Level One fingerprint clearance card to be considered for employment.
Essential Job Functions:
● Develops performance objectives and lesson plans that reflect the rhythm, timing and activities consistent with Waldorf methods and are consistent with established Arizona State Standards.
● Maintains a behavioral climate in his or her classroom conducive to learning and assists in maintaining acceptable student behavior in school.
● Identifies and attempts to meet special needs of individual students, and initiates referrals to student support services as necessary.
● Communicates with students and parents regarding the educational and progress. Prepares formal progress reports.
● Maintains plans and instructional materials in such a way that they can be utilized by substitute teaching personnel when the need arises.
● Works cooperatively with administrators, supervisors and colleagues in planning and implementing the educational programs of the school.
● Attends faculty meetings and serves on at least one committee. Attends other meetings as necessary, as well as required in service training.
Experience Requirements: Prior classroom teaching preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities Required:
● Exemplary classroom management and discipline.
● Strong fiscal and administrative responsibilities, listening, verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
● Knowledge of Waldorf education and public school operations.
● Relate to, motivate, and challenge children and staff. Leadership in working with students, staff, parents and the community. Commitment to the concept of
collaborative decision making.
● Ability to collaborate with other faculty on curriculum and performances. ● Ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and parents.
Frequent: Standing, walking
Occasional: Sitting, lifting and carrying
Education required: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required: AZ DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, Clear TB Test