Spanish Teacher (Gr 7-10)
Desert Marigold School
Job Purpose Statement: The Spanish Teacher(s) will provide instruction in 7-10 grades to meet language credit requirements in high school and middle school grades 7 and 8.
Teachers must have a willingness to share and expand awareness of Spanish culture and enter wholeheartedly into the life of the DMS school community.
Salary Range: $30.00 per hour depending upon experience.
Hours: This is a part time SPANISH teaching position ( 3 classes per day)
Reports to: Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Apply to: Please send resume to email@example.com
● Native Spanish speaking background preferred
● Bachelor's degree (in Spanish preferred for non-native speakers) and ability to meet AZ Highly Qualified teacher requirements
● Waldorf Education Teacher certification preferred
● Classroom teaching experience and enthusiasm for bringing an engaging, hands on, artistic approach to teaching a second language
● Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
Essential Job Functions:
● Preparing lesson plans and teaching classes Grades 7-10.
● Collaboration with class teachers to assure lessons complement grade scope and sequence
● Attending weekly faculty meetings
● Attending evening parent meetings and curriculum overviews to present aspects of the Foreign Language program
● Meeting with parents at parent conferences as needed
● Participates in mentoring and evaluation
● Grading and writing student progress reports and narratives
Experience requirements: Prior classroom teaching experience.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
● Exemplary classroom management and discipline
● Strong communication skills, both written and oral in Spanish and English
Ability to engage, motivate and challenge students academically, differentiate instruction, collaborate with faculty on curriculum, and communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and parents.
Knowledge of Waldorf Education and public school operations, preferred.
Frequent: Standing, walking
Occasional: Sitting, lifting and carrying.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Waldorf Education Teacher certification preferred.
Licenses, Certification, Bonding and/or Testing Required: AZ DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, Clear TB Test, meets AZ Highly qualified teacher requirements