Raleigh Day School seeks an aftercare teacher.
Employment term: August 28, 2023 - May 31, 2023).
The hours of employment will be 12:15 – 4:15 or 5:15PM
The duties of this position include:
- Receive the aftercare children and prepare for rest time
- Maintain a quiet, peaceful environment and atmosphere during the rest period, 12:40-1:45.
- Help children awaken, put away rest personal items, release 2:30 dismissal children to dismissal teacher, accompany children who are in extended aftercare to bathroom, help them retrieve their snacks, receive the grade school children who will join extended aftercare, supervise snack
- Supervise play from 2:30-4:00 or 5:00 during extended care time for all children in the aftercare program.
- Release children to their parents/guardians
- Clean snack tables; tidy and organize rest area and vacuum.
- Make observations of children to share with teachers, including social engagements, behaviors of concern
Raleigh Day School EC teachers will provide mentoring and guidance in their expectations for the aftercare teacher role. A teacher will be onsite during the aftercare period for 1-2 weeks or until the aftercare teacher has demonstrated competence.
Rate of Pay: $20/hour; 4-5 hrs/day, Mondays - Fridays
This is an hourly position. There are approximately 160 days for this position.
Hours reflect early release and school closing for major holidays, seasonal school breaks and teacher work days.
Send letter of inquiry and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org