Assistant Head of School
· Assists the Head of School in the day to day building administration and the safety and welfare of students, staff, volunteers, and activities.
· Helps to create and maintain the mission and vision of the school
· Assists with interviewing, making recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Assists with carrying out supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Supports the Head of School in setting the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff within the school.
· Ensures a safe, pleasant and effective educational atmosphere, provides discipline as necessary and enforces school policy.
· Assists with implementing policy and procedure changes from the Board, or the State and Federal level at the building level.
· Developing and maintaining school safety procedures
· Sits on the crisis team
· Assists with Threat Assessments
· Establish priorities for educational materials, works with the Director of Finance and Head of School on budgeting and purchasing
· Instructional and curricular leadership through the development of appropriate programs and expectations
· Evaluates performance and effectiveness of programs
· Serves as a member of the Student Accountability committee
· Communicates and meets with parents to discuss student behavioral, learning problem, etc.
· Responds to emails from teachers, parents, and community members
· Maintains relations with parents, parent groups, and school volunteers and outside agencies.
· Participates in district-wide activities, in-services and committees, as appropriate
· Assists and facilitates in-service training/professional development for staff
· Assists the Head of School to provide instructional leadership to staff including: curriculum planning, review and implementation; and professional development.
· Oversees the continuous monitoring of student achievement
· Insures quality instruction is taking place in all classrooms
· Creates master schedule to effectively utilize available resources
· Assists with directing the staff in addressing the needs of all students through differentiated instruction
· Responds to disciplinary issues
· Assists with working with teachers to incorporate Colorado State standards
· Evaluates teachers and learning materials to determine areas where improvement is needed
· Works with students using restorative practices
· Works with the Special Education Department to assure the appropriate programming for special needs/at-risk students
· Other duties needed in the school as assigned by the Head of School
Requirements and Skills
· Previous leadership experience
· Five years minimum teaching experience
· Knowledge of school administrative processes and educational regulations
· Knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy
· Hands-on experience with MS Office and Google Suites
· Attention to detail
· Great presentation and communication skills
· Crisis management
· Ability to coach and inspire
· A teaching license is preferred
· Degree in Education or CO teacher license: Master’s degree is a plus
· Completion of/ability to complete prior to start date the CDE READ ACT Teacher Training course
· Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
· Full coverage dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program, and Appleton Clinic Membership
· Partial coverage of catastrophic insurance. Employee pays 50% of the policy
· Personal and sick leave time.
· Base salary $55,000 depending on education and experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, copy of transcripts and degree achieved to firstname.lastname@example.org