Assistant Head of School
Assistant Head of School
Juniper Ridge Community School seeks an Assistant Head of School who loves children, enjoys working with parents, and is committed to working with colleagues.
- Assists the Head of School in the day-to-day building administration and the safety and welfare of students, staff, volunteers, and activities.
- Helps to create and maintain the mission and vision of the school
- Assists with interviewing, making recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists with carrying out supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supports the Head of School in setting the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the staff within the school.
- Ensures a safe, pleasant, and effective educational atmosphere, provides discipline as necessary, and enforces school policy.
- Assists with implementing policy and procedure changes from the Board, or the State and Federal level at the building level.
- Developing and maintaining school safety procedures
- Sits on the crisis team
- Assists with Threat Assessments
- Establish priorities for educational materials, works with the Director of Finance and Head of School on budgeting and purchasing
- Instructional and curricular leadership through the development of appropriate programs and expectations
- Evaluates the performance and effectiveness of programs
- Serves as a member of the Student Accountability Committee
- Communicates and meets with parents to discuss student behavior, learning problem, etc.
- Responds to emails from teachers, parents, and community members
- Maintains relations with parents, parent groups, and school volunteers, and outside agencies.
- Participates in district-wide activities, in-services, and committees, as appropriate
- Assists and facilitates in-service training/professional development for staff
- Assists the Head of School to provide instructional leadership to staff including: curriculum planning, review, and implementation; and professional development.
- Oversees the continuous monitoring of student achievement
- Ensures quality instruction is taking place in all classrooms
- Creates master schedule to effectively utilize available resources
- Assists with directing the staff in addressing the needs of all students through differentiated instruction
- Responds to disciplinary issues
- Assists with working with teachers to incorporate Colorado State standards
- Evaluates teachers and learning materials to determine areas where improvement is needed
- Works with students using restorative practices
- Works with the Special Education Department to assure the appropriate programming for special needs/at-risk students
- Other duties needed in the school as assigned by the Head of School.
Requirements and Skills
- Previous leadership experience
- Five years minimum teaching experience
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and educational regulations
- Knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and Google Suites
- Attention to detail
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Crisis management
- Ability to coach and inspire
- A teaching license is preferred
- Degree in Education or CO teacher license: Master’s degree is a plus
- Completion of/ability to complete the CDE READ ACT Teacher Training course prior to the start date
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
- Full coverage dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program, and Appleton Clinic Membership
- Partial coverage of catastrophic insurance. The employee pays 50% of the policy
- Personal and sick leave time.
- Base salary $55,000 depending on education and experience
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.