[Priority Listing] Outdoor Education & Game/Movement Teacher
This job is a full time position for: 50% Games/Movement and 50% Outdoor Education teacher making it one full time position.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Head of School Sarah Arnold: firstname.lastname@example.org
(1st-8th grade) Aug 2023
Northeast Woodland Charter School is seeking an Outdoor Education Teacher beginning summer 2023. Northeast Woodland Chartered Public School is the first Waldorf inspired public charter school in the Northeast. We opened our doors in the Fall of 2020. Located in North Conway, New Hampshire and only minutes from the many amenities of the White Mountains, Northeast Woodland provides a public, tuition-free school serving students from a variety of backgrounds.
Northeast Woodland brings a comprehensive public education inspired by Waldorf principles, integrating academics, arts, movement, nature and social responsibility into everyday learning. Dedicated to the optimal development of each individual child, Northeast Woodland will nurture intellectual, social and emotional, and physical capacities through an artistic, hands-on, interdisciplinary approach to core academic subjects which enables each student to blossom into an imaginative, engaged, and competent life-long learner.
Inspired by Rudolf Steiner’s developmental model as well as aligned with the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education standards and the NH Core Curriculum, Northeast Woodland offers pre-kindergarten to eighth grade classes as well as a variety of specialty classes, including Foreign Language, Music, Movement, Outdoor Education, and Handwork.
General Statement of Responsibilities:
Our school is seeking a dynamic candidate who will be working as part of a collaborative team with our current full-time outdoor education teacher educating first through 8th grade students.
The ideal applicant will be an experienced elementary and middle school outdoor educator who is able to work with students with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability. Experience in Waldorf education is preferred, however, training will be available.
Responsibilities include collaborating on delivering our outdoor education curriculum which is designed to support the students’ overall development and encourage a love of place and the outdoors. Planning and participation in day and overnight field trips will be part of the job.
Essential to this role is working with parents, establishing respectful communication and relationships.
Specialty teachers will also serve the school through committee work and other administrative responsibilities as well as through close collegial work with the faculty.
GAMES / MOVEMENT-
Our school is seeking a dynamic candidate who will be working as part of a collaborative team with class teachers educating kindergarten through 8th grade students. The ideal applicant will be an experienced elementary and middle school games and movement teacher who is able to work with students with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability.
Responsibilities include planning and teaching each class once a week, where classes are designed to support the overall student’s development and encourage a love of movement. Essential to this role is working with parents establishing respectful communication and relationships. Specialty teachers will also serve the school through committee work and other administrative responsibilities as well as through close collegial work with the faculty.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time positions with regular school hours. Benefits include medical healthcare, and opportunity for further training. Salary based on experience and qualifi- cations.
Skills and training:
• Have received at least a bachelor’s degree at an approved higher education institution Degree in Outdoor or Environmental Education preferred
• Have received a certificate in Waldorf education or have experience as a teacher in a Waldorf school or demonstrate commitment to completing Waldorf teacher training within 4 years of hiring
• Hold an appropriate license with all required endorsements as approved by the NHDOE or be on track to complete an alternative licensure within 3 years of hiring Experience leading multi-day backcountry trips for youth
Work requires frequent backcountry travel. Requires ability to hike 6 – 8 miles per day on uneven terrain, carrying a backpack and other equipment up to 50 pounds, in all weather conditions Willingness and ability to drive 12-passenger vans with students
• WFR & CPR Certification
• Desire to collaborate on a curriculum that has a local context and connects students to nature that can be achieved within school grounds and local trails
• Interest in working with children from 1st grade through 8th grade
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission, pedagogy and methods of Waldorf education
• Comfortable working with wider community members as a participant in the Outdoor Education and Outreach Committee
• Be able to differentiate instruction based on the needs of students
• Understand how to use formative and summative assessment to inform teaching practice
• Have excellent communication skills and an ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
• Be willing to seek additional training and certification, such as the requirements set forth in NCLB for “Highly Qualified” teachers; and
• Seek continual learning and self-development.
PLEASE EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com