Educational Support Coordinator
Job Title: Educational Support Coordinator
Program: Kindergarten through 12th Grade
Reports to: Pedagogical Director
Date: May 2023
General Statement of Duties:
The Educational Support Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating support services for Kindergarten through twelfth grade at Shining Mountain. This administrative position is between 20-25 hours/week.
- Coordinate and administer benchmark assessments for grades 2-12, 3 times per year.
- Provide admissions screenings for new student applicants in grades 1-12 during the school year and over the summer. This includes academic testing and a review of the admissions documents.
- Oversee the April assessment for kindergarten students rising into first grade.
- Assist educational support teachers in coordinating support needs for grades 2-12.
- Inventory educational support materials and oversee the purchase of new supplies and materials.
- Write and ensure the implementation of ISP accommodations in classrooms.
- Consult with faculty about best practices for instruction, intervention, and programming for students with disabilities.
- Lead periodic professional development segments at department meetings and our all- employee Plenum meeting. Guide teachers in assessment and instructional best practices; inform staff about resources and training opportunities available to them.
- Intervene to problem-solve with students, parents, staff, psychologists, and other professionals in collaboration with the pedagogical director. Determine which supports and services are necessary to meet the needs of students, including neuropsychological testing, tutoring, therapeutic eurythmy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, play therapy, and anthroposophical medicine.
- Attend department meetings as needed. Coordinate the weekly education support committee.
In accordance with the SMWS philosophy, the person filling this position may be required to carry out other duties necessary to the fulfillment of the school’s mission, strategies, and agreements.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a BA/BS
- Essential: Special education experience working with IEPs/ISPs, IDEA, and ADA section 504
- Preferred: MA and Special Education license
- Preferred: Knowledge of Waldorf education
- Teaching experience in classroom/group settings.
- Willingness to learn about Waldorf education and incorporate Waldorf principles of child development into teaching.
- General classroom outdoor environments
- Occasional weekend and evening hours
Salary, Hours, and Benefits
- Hourly rate is $45.00 to $75.00 per hour
- This position will be a part time hourly position during the school year (August - June)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to perform:
- Sitting and standing for class presentations
- Lift 25 pounds, bending, stretching
- Mobility to move about the classroom and walking to buildings throughout our 12 acre campus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Shining Mountain Waldorf School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, familial status, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
If you wish to apply or seek further information, please send a statement of interest, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.