[Priority Listing] Lower Grades Spanish Teacher, 10 periods per week
Swallowtail School is seeking a lower grades Spanish teacher for the 23-24 school year to teach 8-10 subject classes per week, in 45 minute periods, to 1st through 5th grade. The position is paid per period taught, at $50-$65 per period, depending on experience. Any additional duties (e.g. meetings) are paid at an hourly rate.
The Spanish Subject Teacher brings the Spanish language to the students with an understanding of Waldorf Education and the ways a foreign language program supports the developing child. In keeping with our value of environmental stewardship and outdoor education, the Spanish Teacher sometimes makes use of the outdoor space of both campuses to enhance their Spanish lessons. The Spanish language program opens the students to the wider world and it is important that the curriculum of the program reflects our school’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A dedication to Waldorf Education
- Prefer Bachelors Degree and Waldorf Teaching Certification
- Experience as Spanish teacher or other experience relevant to the position
- At least one year of classroom teaching experience
- A love of children and a deep desire to support their growth
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire and ability to work collaboratively with all members of the school community
- The ability to adapt the curriculum to the skills and needs of a class or individual child
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers (within 30 days of hire)
- Prolonged periods of standing and frequent bending.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk at a pace to keep up with children 6-14 years old.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 pounds at a time.
Swallowtail School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds and believe our team is stronger when it includes a variety of perspectives, skills, and lived experiences. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.
Swallowtail School is an associate member of AWSNA and WECAN. To apply, please send a letter of intent, resume, and three references to Shannon Hallberg at Shallberg@SwallowtailSchool.org