Full Time Eurythmy Teacher
Position: Eurythmy Teacher
River Valley Waldorf School is seeking a full time Eurhythmy teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative teacher to bring Eurhythmy to students in grades 1-8, and periodic Eurythmy blocks in Kindergarten. In addition to teaching Eurythmy, this position would also support grades teachers through planning and implementing skills lessons. The position requires a high level of organization, a genuine love of teaching and learning, and the desire and facility to collaborate with colleagues and participate in faculty work. The ideal candidate must also be willing to commit to the ongoing work of diversity, equity, and inclusion and have familiarity or interest in best practices of Waldorf education.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Bring engaging Eurythmy and movement experiences to students
- Support for class plays
- Support recess and other daily duties
- Support skills lessons
- Participation in faculty meetings and the school’s festival life
- Occasional evening events such as parent evenings and open houses
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree
- Eurythmy diploma recognized by the performing arts Section of the Goetheanum
- Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
- Commitment to professional growth including further education in Waldorf teaching
- Versatility, enthusiasm, punctuality, creativity
Hours and Compensation
This is a salaried position. Salary ranges from $33,000 – $47,000 based on education and experience, and includes participation in the 403b retirement plan as well as healthcare benefits. Background clearances, physical examination, and TB test will be required.
Start Date: 7/1/2023
Required training obtained during employment may include:
- CPR and First Aid
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Stewards of Children – Darkness to Light
- Racial Equity: Anti-bias Training
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resumé to either:
mail: River Valley Waldorf School
1395 Bridgeton Hill Road
Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972
Equal Rights and Opportunities Policy
River Valley Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhances the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and mentorship. RVWS makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.