Head of School
HEAD OF SCHOOL SEARCH
The Waldorf School of Bend invites applications from experienced educators to join our community as the Head of School. This key leadership role presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of Waldorf education in the dynamic geographic location of Bend, Oregon.
About the Waldorf School of Bend:
The Waldorf School of Bend is a vibrant educational institution located in the heart of Bend. We provide a developmentally appropriate education that meets the unique needs of each student. Our curriculum, inspired by Rudolf Steiner, integrates critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and a deep connection to the arts. Our faculty comprises experienced Waldorf teachers from various backgrounds, fostering a rich diversity of perspectives. With a student body of over 110 students from pre-K to grade 8, our teachers develop deep and intentional relationships with their classes and families, supporting students' academic growth, emotional intelligence, artistic capacities, and connection to the natural surroundings. Our teachers actively engage in creating classroom content and consistent communication with our Teacher Leadership Committee to ensure that our curricular offerings are high quality and reflective of our local community values in Bend.
The Head of School Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced educator for the position of Head of School who is comfortable in an administrative role and enthusiastic about leading and supporting the pedagogical and professional development of our faculty. The Head of School will nurture the spiritual life of the school and inspire each member of our community. The primary responsibility of the Head of School is to develop and uphold a collaboratively conceived pedagogical vision for the school, considering its present state and future aspirations. Close collaboration with faculty, administrative staff, families, the Board of Directors, parent council, various committees and the wider community is essential.
- Supporting faculty members in their professional growth and development as Waldorf teachers.
- Acting as a liaison between different stakeholders, providing strategic pedagogical leadership to ensure the educational needs of each child are met.
- Fostering a culture of collaborative initiative and addressing important matters necessary for the effective functioning and overall health of the school.
- Reporting to and working closely with the board of directors to bridge the pedagogical and administrative sections of the school through direct communication and proactive problem-solving.
- Cultivating positive and strategic relationships within the school community and representing the school as a pedagogical representative with trustees, parents, the local community, and regional Waldorf colleagues.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of 4-5 professional references with contact information (phone numbers and email addresses)
We eagerly await your application and look forward to hearing from you.