Grade School Aftercare Program Aide
The San Francisco Waldorf School Grade School Afterschool Program is looking for a part-time Aftercare Aide to begin in mid-August 2023.
Hours range between 11:30pm-5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
The Aftercare Aide is an essential role for Grade School children, creating a daily and weekly rhythm that gives them the opportunity to partake in rest, appropriate activities, and time to play and relax after a long school morning.
The Aftercare Director will provide guidance and oversight for the Aide’s work with the children in the classroom and outdoor space.
- Set up the Kindergarten room for nap, creating a warm and welcoming environment for the Kindergarten children to rest
- Hold two quiet snack times
- Help prepare one afternoon snack for the children
- Lead activities for Kindergarten-6th Grade children such as drawing, crafting and outdoor play
- Clean-up of the room, including wiping down surfaces, vacuuming, and emptying compost, etc.
- Clean-up of play yard after use, together with the children
- Applicants must be familiar with and interested in Waldorf education
- Interest in sports, movement, crafts or circus related activities
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working with young children
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents/guardians
- Must have an interest in engaging children in crafts, games, and other activities, both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to work independently and with guidance from Kindergarten Aftercare Lead and Aftercare Director
- CPR/First Aid certified
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position. It carries no benefits other than those available through the San Francisco City Ordinances. The hourly rate is $29 per hour.
School ends on June 7, 2024. This position does not continue during the summer break. School breaks and Holidays are unpaid.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Hourly; not exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: May 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter of interest.