Extended Day Teacher
Waldorf School of Lexington is currently seeking an Extended Day Teacher for our students in grades 1-5. This is a part-time/hourly, onsite position for the 2023-24 academic year. Anticipated hours for this role are Monday through Friday, 3:00–6:00 p.m. (Thursdays begin at 1:00 p.m.)—this can be expanded to include additional hours when the position is combined with our First Grade Afternoon Assistant position (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 1:30-3:00 p.m.).
- Plan and lead all afternoon activities (play, snack, projects, dismissal, etc.)
- Supervise children
- Provide room set-up, clean-up, and general maintenance such as washing dishes, vacuuming and sweeping
- Refer any parental concerns/questions or serious infractions or injuries to the Aftercare and Extended Day Program Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- The successful candidate will have an interest in Waldorf education and spending time outdoors.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references (written or provide contact information) to Kendall Helbock at firstname.lastname@example.org.