EC Teacher Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Raleigh Day School is welcoming applications for a warm, joyful and confident morning assistant beginning August, 2023.
Raleigh Day School is a thriving initiative located in the capital city of Raleigh, North Carolina, with a community of dedicated parents and teachers. Founded in the fall of 2020, we serve students in Early Childhood - 4th Grade, adding a grade each year through grade 8.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with young children, possesses enthusiasm and motivation to work collaboratively with colleagues, and demonstrates a familiarity and interest in the philosophy and methods of Waldorf Early Childhood Education.
Position responsibilities include:
- Working with an integrity worthy of imitation
- Working to help prepare healthy snacks
- Maintaining general order and helping to create an esthetically beautiful environment, including kitchen management
- Engaging with students, taking direction from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management, conflict resolution, communication and day-to-day responsibilities
- Assisting during all teacher lead activities
- Overseeing children in the play yard
- Assisting children with transitions
- Guiding children with self-care (toileting, dressing, daily routines)
- Providing First Aid as necessary
- Joining an enthusiastic and supportive faculty during an exciting time of school expansion
- Priority enrollment for children of hired faculty in grades K-4
- Tuition remission
- A school year calendar designed for sustainable teaching and learning
Sustainable teaching calendar:
- A week off in October
- 2 weeks off for the holidays
- A week off in February
- A week for Spring break
- Usual holidays
Employment will begin August 18, 2023.
Position: Independent contractor - $16/hour
Hours: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Raleigh Day School EC teacher will provide mentoring and guidance in her expectations for the TA role.
We welcome qualified applicants to email a letter of interest, resume and professional references to: email@example.com
Raleigh Day School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or protected class. We recognize that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, and life experiences is an enhancement to a school’s learning environment and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion.