The Hartsbrook School is seeking applicants for a middle and high school Spanish teacher for the 2023–2024 school year. This position is initially being offered as a part-time role, with the potential to increase over time.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the capacity to:
- lead a diverse group of student learners in Spanish classes throughout the year in grades 7-11
- work in collaboration with the class teachers to design curriculum that connects to their current studies
- be fluent in Spanish and comfortable leading the majority of each lesson in Spanish, as our World Language Program uses an immersion approach throughout the grades
- provide opportunities for exploration of Latinx, Latin American and Spanish cultures
- build hands-on, creative and engaging lessons, including the incorporation of art, music, theater, dance, poetry and other texts into the curriculum
- contribute to as well as engage a diverse and inclusive school culture
This teacher will participate in the life of the school, including attending faculty meetings, some parent meetings, student retreats, and other school functions as indicated and compensated for in the contract. For a complete job description, click here.
We seek candidates with:
- a strong commitment to issues of identity, diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience creating inclusive classroom experiences for a diverse student body
- fluency in Spanish is required and native speakers are preferred.
- teaching experience and either appropriate Waldorf teacher training or a commitment to pursue such training
- timeliness in meeting deadlines, organized record-keeping and reporting, able to hold confidentiality and to effectively collaborate with a diverse set of colleagues
- ability to work with children who present different needs in the classroom
- a commitment to collegiality and collaboration
- Preference given to candidates who bring an understanding of a developmental approach to their work, as well as to connecting the contents of the curriculum to our mission, including finding joy in learning, connection to nature, and working in community.
The Hartsbrook School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply. The Hartsbrook School is dedicated to dismantling racism and oppression, to continuing to learn and grow and ask the difficult questions of ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Starting salary $26,499.60
Benefits include employer contributions to health and dental plans and a 403(b) plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, sick time, personal time, and professional development funding. Tuition remission is available for eligible children enrolling at Hartsbrook.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org : a letter of introduction including a brief biography, a resume, and three professional references, as well as a completed substitute application found here.
Clarity of Thought | Warmth of Heart | Strength of Purpose