The Waldorf School of Cape Cod seeks a Spanish teacher for the 2023/24 academic school year. The ideal applicant will be an experienced elementary and middle school language teacher who demonstrates fluency and knowledge of Spanish cultural traditions and ideally is Waldorf-trained. The teacher will be responsible for providing instruction to grades 1-8. We seek a teacher who has excellent organizational, interpersonal and classroom management skills. The Spanish teacher’s responsibilities include teaching oral and written Spanish and tailoring lesson plans to individual students or classes.
Spanish Teacher Responsibilities:
- Developing lesson plans and curricula based on the needs of individual students.
- Providing conversational classes where pronunciation and important words and phrases are taught.
- Teaching writing and Spanish composition classes.
- Conducting research on teaching methods, materials, and language games that can be used in class.
- Scheduling and preparing students for oral and written examinations.
- Monitoring student's progress by writing up reports and grading assessments.
- Organizing feedback sessions with students and their parents if applicable.
- Providing suggestions for further learning and scheduling intervention sessions with struggling students.
- Teaching students about Spanish culture, which may include festivals, traditional food, and dress, and social conventions.
- Organizing fun events where students can showcase their Spanish language skills.
Spanish Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish language, literature, or an equivalent may be required.
- Proven written and verbal proficiency in Spanish.
- A teaching certificate or license may be required.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented and resilient.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Nuray Bent at email@example.com for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!