Games and Movement Teacher
Do you love children? Are you looking for part time work or a way to be involved with the Waldorf School of Mendocino County? This part-time job offers a wonderful opportunity!
Games & Movement:
- Enthusiastic, enlivening, dynamic
- Prepares and presents well-planned subject lessons
- Works to develop capacities for physical and inner growth
- Creates opportunities for team building
- Waldorf teacher training
- Prior teaching experience, emphasis on sports, games, movement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in subject area to be taught
- A commitment to Anthroposophy, Waldorf pedagogy and the social ideals that live behind the Waldorf education movement
- Strong communications skills that can be effective in working with students and adults
- Flexibility, sense of humor, warmth of soul and spirit
- Physical and emotional stamina
Compensation: Wage is DOE. The beginning rate is $16.50/hr.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program: a dedicated and experienced faculty, a helpful staff, a supportive Board, and a committed parent community. We are located near the rich offerings in the greater San Francisco Bay, including the Bay Area Center for Waldorf Training (BACWTT).
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor yet offers a culturally progressive experience, as only Northern California can. Mendocino College, for example, brings together a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, and organic and bio-dynamic agriculture. Farmers markets, organic restaurants, boutique shopping, wine tasting, the redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast also make our area a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary, including generous tuition remission, mentoring, and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is an equal opportunity employer. WSMC adheres to all federal, state and local laws regarding equal employment opportunity. We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate based on religion, race, sex, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetics, medical condition, sexual orientation, military service status, or any other factor prohibited by state or federal law.