Do you love children? Are you looking for part time work or a way to be involved with the Waldorf School of Mendocino County? This part-time job offers a wonderful opportunity!
- Plans and carries out daily activities appropriate to aftercare, which may include supervised afternoon work time, activities, outdoor and indoor play, snack.
- Maintains healthy relationship with parents of children in aftercare.
- Maintains and keeps accessible emergency and pick-up information for each child as provided by office. Ensures all school policies, guidelines and rules are followed relative to the children in aftercare.
- Maintains accurate daily attendance records for the program.
- Waldorf training or other substantial experience with Waldorf education
- Prior experience as childcare provider
- Child Development Education units as required by law
- A commitment to Waldorf pedagogy
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility, sense of humor, warmth of soul and spirit
Compensation: Wage is DOE. The beginning rate is $16.50/hr.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program: a dedicated and experienced faculty, a helpful staff, a supportive Board, and a committed parent community. We are located near the rich offerings in the greater San Francisco Bay, including the Bay Area Center for Waldorf Training (BACWTT).
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor yet offers a culturally progressive experience, as only Northern California can. Mendocino College, for example, brings together a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, and organic and bio-dynamic agriculture. Farmers markets, organic restaurants, boutique shopping, wine tasting, the redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast also make our area a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary, including generous tuition remission, mentoring, and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County is an equal opportunity employer. WSMC adheres to all federal, state and local laws regarding equal employment opportunity. We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate based on religion, race, sex, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetics, medical condition, sexual orientation, military service status, or any other factor prohibited by state or federal law.